I said I would do this every week, I will just say it was busy around here:
The Past Week:
- The Phillies clinched a protected draft pick
- Minor League Affiliate Recaps – Phillies Minor Thoughts
- Florida Instructional League Recaps – 9/20, 9/23, 9/24 (The Return of Adam Morgan) – Jim Peyton (Phuture Phillies)
- Baseball America League Top 20s – Unsurprisingly no Phillies on GCL Top 20
- It’s Minor League Recap Season!!! – Brad Engler (Crashburn Alley)
- Phillies Top 20 Prospect Review – John Sickels (Minor League Ball)
Top 50 Ranking Question:
Each year as I go through the ranking process there are questions that pop up and are interesting not just for the players involved but the fundamental questions posed by them. These will likely appear in articles over the winter, but as they come I will share them with you. So this weeks:
Who is the #3 pitching prospect in the organization between Matt Imhof, Victor Arano, and Yoel Mecias? Should Biddle not be #2 and be part of the discussion? Based on how some sources viewed him coming into the year, should Severino Gonzalez be part of that discussion as well?
Much like the recap post I am running behind schedule, so just two.
Photo of Chace Numata by Tom Hagerty