Since it gets kind of quiet here this winter, I am going to be putting up a weekly recap of articles from here and around the internet, as well as the bigger picture long term projects going on behind the scenes.
The Past Week:
- J.P. Crawford and Luis Garcia win Paul Owens Award
- The Future in the Outfield – Phillies Minor Thoughts
- 2015 MLB Draft Rankings, Way-Too-Early Edition – Kiley McDaniel (Fangraphs)
- Rebuilding and Competing Not Mutually Exclusive – Phillies Minor Thoughts
- Scouting Explained: The Mysterious Hit Tool, Pt1 , Pt 2, Pt 3, Pt 4 – Kiley McDaniel (Fangraphs)
- Crawford Stamps Himself As Phillies’ Future – Jim Salisbury (Baseball America)
Top Prospect List:
In the past at Phuture Phillies I wrote up the Top 30 prospects in the system. This year, since I think the system is so deep and I will be writing up and researching nearly every player in the system anyway, I will be releasing a Top 50 prospect list. The list will be late winter/early spring. As always, the numerical ranking is the least important part of the list, however it provides a great vehicle for talking about and highlighting some of the systems best players.
Outside the Top 50 prospect list, the other big offseason project is updating the player pages. The goal has been to update 1-2 pages a day. Some of the big name updates will appear in the sidebar, otherwise I will keep it updated in the weekly update posts.