Some quick transactions:
- Nick Rodesky promoted from GCL to Lakewood
- Aaron Brown promoted from Williamsport to Lakewood
- Jesen Dygestile-Therrien promoted from Williamsport to Lakewood
- Daniel Child demoted from Lakewood to GCL
- Aaron Baker promoted from Lakewood to Clearwater
- Samuel Hiciano placed on Lakewood disabled list
- Jesse Biddle promoted from Clearwater to Reading
A lot of move that are mostly reliever shuffling, but the interesting news is that with Hiciano going on the shelf, third round pick Aaron Brown will get a cameo in Lakewood. The outfield configuration looks like Dylan Cozens bumped to left field and Brown in right field with Tocci in center field. Tocci has been getting periodic days off so it would make sense for Brown to slide back to center and Cozens to right. Cozens is certainly capable of handling right, but Brown comes armed with a cannon left arm. Overall a very good outfield defensively, and should be the one that opens with Clearwater next year.
In the reliever category Dan Child has had a nightmare season, but the stuff is mostly still there he could turn it around quickly if they can put the pieces back together. Therrien has a live arm, with a fastball up to 95, but has trouble finding the strike zone for large stretches of time, but a very interesting and young arm. Aaron Baker is an undrafted FA who is somewhere between org reliever and guy who could be a middle reliever some day, would be a nice find if he can keep it up. Jesse Biddle back to Reading is a great story, him and Aaron Nola in a single rotation makes it the best rotation the system has seen all year at any level (it really has been that sad).