I will keep this thread updated with picks as they come in and analysis of anyone the Phillies may take or have taken from them.
Major League Portion: (Only listing actual picks and not passes)
- Diamondbacks – Oscar Hernandez, C (TBR)
- Rockies – Mark Canho, 1B (SEA)
- Rangers – Delino DeShields Jr., OF (HOU)
- Astros – Jason Garcia, RHP (BOS)
- Twins – J.R. Graham, RHP (ATL)
- Red Sox – Jandel Gustave, RHP (HOU)
- Cubs – Taylor Featherston, SS (COL)
- Phillies – Odubel Herrera, 2B (TEX)
- Marlins – Andrew McKirarahan, LHP (CHC)
- Mets – Sean Gilmartin, LHP (MIN)
- Braves – Daniel Winkler, RHP (COL)
- Mariners – David Rollins, LHP (HOU)
- Orioles – Logan Verrett, RHP (NYM)
- Phillies – Andy Oliver, LHP (PIT)
Odubel Herrera – 2B/OF
96 G 408 PA .321/.373/.402 2 HR 12 SB 29 BB 70 K (AA)
42 G 147 AB .374/.421/.565 4 HR 4 SB 11 BB 24 K (VWL)
Herrera is a 2B/OF who can really hit, the defense is still a work in progress and the power is limited. Looks like a guy who will compete with Cesar Hernandez and Freddy Galvis for a roster spot (or maybe Revere apparently). The Phillies aren’t flush with middle infielders so he is certainly interesting.
Andy Oliver – LHP
48 G 64.0 IP 2.53 ERA 35 H 18 ER 47 BB 85 K
Oliver is a former top prospect, who finally made the transition to the bullpen last year where he walked 6.6/9 but also struck out 12.0/9 for the Pirates AAA team. He will join Diekman, Hollands, Jiminez, and Aruajo in the left handed bullpen competition.
Minor League Portion
- RHP Kyle Simon selected by Rockies, Simon was acquired with Gabriel Lino for Jim Thome
- OF Peter Lavin selected by Dodgers, Lavin is a good defensive OF with a good arm, subject to roster crunch and the fact he is 26 years old
- RHP Delvi Francisco selected by Indians, Delvi is a converted hitter who has struggled with command in lo-A but the fastball is up to 96
I like Lavin, but he is a good org guy more than anything. I am surprised Francisco and Simon were still in the organization.