Take a good look because all of this could be gone tomorrow. The Phillies roster is going through rapid change as we approach the start of the year. So I thought it might be fun to take a snapshot at this moment in time. There is not much to take away from this, except maybe the part on age. (full roster)
|Draft||International FA||Trade||FA||Waivers||Rule 5|
- Jerome Williams was actually a waiver claim last year.
- The most represented draft class is 2010, with David Buchanan (7th), Jesse Biddle (1st), Cameron Rupp (3rd), and Mario Hollands (10th). 2011 (Morgan, Giles, Asche) and 2009 (Ruf, Dugan, Altherr) are the next most represented.
- The Phillies have 23 pitchers and 17 position players on the roster
- The non-roster invites list has 4 pitchers and 13 position players
- Shortest Hitter: Ben Revere
- Shortest Pitcher: Joely Rodriguez/Adam Morgan/Chad Billingsley
- Tallest Hitter: Aaron Altherr/Domonic Brown
- Tallest Pitcher: Aaron Harang/Phillippe Aumont
I didn’t do enough research to say what the normal age distribution is, but it was surprising to me how many young players were on the roster right now.
Now all of this could change by opening day, but until then we will have this moment in time to see what it all looked like